Dry eye disease is a very common condition that occurs when the eyes do not make enough tears or when the tears evaporate too quickly. This means the eyes are unable to maintain normal eye lubrication and can lead to some if not all of the symptoms below:
- Momentary blurriness clearing with repeated blinking
- Transient foreign body sensation
- Have periods of watering too much
- Short reading duration because of discomfort
- Constant awareness of the eyes
- Dry feeling eyes
- Feel irritated
- Are red
- Contact lens discomfort
- Distress from being unable to achieve ocular comfort or relief
Dry Eye sufferers can benefit from careful management. Our Dry Eye Clinic offers a bespoke treatment and management plan to control your symptoms.
Using special diagnostic techniques and some of the very latest technology, our Dry Eye Clinic is able to provide a much more detailed assessment of the tear with regards to their quality, and quantity and eyelid margin health. We are then able to understand the cause of the dry eyes and decide how best to treat.
For more information on this condition, please speak to one of our staff. To book for the Dry Eye Clinic at Peter Smith Opticians, please call 01386 553 922.